Tuesday, May 24, 2011

gone with the wind

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here are my thoughts at the moment . . . 1) I just ate two pretty big slices of pizza; 2) I have two shoots to wrap up this week that I better get my hiney on pronto (coming up next after this blog post); and 3) I am missing some good, personal blog posts. :( I always love sharing that side of my life. I am planning on becoming One with my blog again, especially over this long weekend . . . the hard part is recovering from such a sleepy winter.

I honestly have not been up to much other than a few recent travels, one to Walla Walla, Washington, wine-tasting with Joe's parents and having one of the most lovely weekends in a very long time. Two weeks ago I traveled back to New York to photograph the wedding of one of my childhood best friends - those weddings mean so much not only because of the history, but because she was so grateful to have me there. Those personal elements make the day a marriage, not just a wedding. The shorties are still short and sweet, and Joe is still very tall and loving. : )

But life in Montana is freaking WINDY!!!!

The real purpose of this post is to seriously elaborate on this insane Montana weather that just seems to get more bizarre each year . . . right now, it is a constant flow of wind and rain, with a few bouts of sunshine and a lot of rescheduled photo shoots. It is also a guarantee that if a client and I reschedule a photo shoot because we have to travel, the clouds surrounding us are dark blue, and the forecast at the time of commencement is lightening and a tornado, it will end up an incredibly beautiful evening. Boo . . . but one day you can't reschedule is your wedding day. You are stuck with the light you get, and the breeze you get, and yet quite often, because you have no choice but to embrace it, it adds a beautiful element to a photograph . . .

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Group portraits are the best right before a storm :)

Photobucket


Hopefully June brings some genuine warmth, good photo opportunities, and a few trees in our backyard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment