Thursday, October 13, 2011

the gratitude project

There is something very exciting, unique and real happening in my life right now, and I can't quite put a finger on it, but I know it's creating some wonderful things within me that I've been needing for a long time. I'm taking risks, and I'm choosing joy, and I'm pushing myself to new heights. When moments of insecurity creep up on me, I remind myself that I am worth it, and I push the rest out. When I look into the mirror, I see a beautiful woman. Not in a cocky, conceited way, but simply in the way that I see the face of a happy woman. And a lucky woman.

Lately I have been feeling such gratitude and appreciation for the people who help make my life so wonderful - past and present. And from this day on, I am embarking on a little thing I'm calling the gratitude project. What it means is that once a week, I am going to do something for someone who deserves to know how much they mean to me. It may not always be something monetary, but it will be memorable, and I will make sure the point is made . . . thank you. For being a wonderful friend, partner, sister, brother, mother, father, neighbor, whatever you are. I'm going to take more time for them, and I am going to take more time for me. To be present each day, to appreciate each day, and to tell those who make it so amazing, thank you.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment