Wednesday, May 9, 2012

all about . . . my wedding!

It has certainly been an adventure being in the business of weddings, and planning a wedding myself! Here are some facts I thought it would be fun to share with you all on how my planning adventure is coming along . . . I absolutely cannot wait to be Joe's wife. :) 1. We are getting married at the home of my dear friend and fellow wedding photog Lauren Brown. When we were scheming up the where part of the wedding day, we both had her beautiful home and meadow in mind. It was hard for me to picture myself getting married at a venue that I shoot at every weekend from June through September. 2. Pinterest has been the God-send of wedding planning. That site is more brilliant than Facebook! Mason jars wrapped in twine and lace? Yes, please! 3. My girlfriends Leslie Lukas and Angela Klotz are scheming up flowers and being just as much the God-sends when it comes to helping me work out all of those little kinks in the planning department when I'm just not sure what to do. 4. I have totally become that bride. 5. I typically do not like sashes on a wedding dress, and I'm over the strapless look. My wedding dress is strapless with a beautiful sash. Go figure. It is an incredible gown, though, something I did not think I would choose, but when I put it on, I am transformed. It is a Jim Hjelm Blush gown that I got from Avant. Katalin carries the most gorgeous dresses in the valley, hands down! 6. My table linens will be ivory floor-length tablecloths, pewter runners and a slate blue woven napkin. My flowers are all very pastel - pale pink, ivory, greens, some very light peach, etc. My girls know how to make things beautiful! 7. Despite being that bride, all I truly want is a meaningful ceremony, amazing food, a beautiful table to eat it at, good wine in my glass, and lots of dancing! 8. Speaking of food and dancing, Sarah Knecht is preparing her amazing food for us, and Joe Trudgeon is providing his wonderful DJ service! 9. I am in the market for a couple of antique dressers and/or tables for a welcome table, favors table, and cake table. If you see something beautiful, let me know! 10. IT WILL NOT RAIN ON AUGUST 26TH!! ;) Here is a little peak at a part of our invitation . . . my graphic designer is amazing!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment