Tuesday, May 8, 2012

nisha and matt: a boat, some wine, and sunshine!

This past April I journeyed to Charleston, South Carolina, to photograph the wedding of Nisha and Matt. Nisha is my cousin's best friend, and Matt is a dear friend of mine who I met in fourth grade. I've always adored him and his family! Originally I was supposed to photograph their wedding in New York in June, and the stresses of planning a wedding turned this couple to beautiful Charleston, with just their nearest and dearest present. I happily traveled east to this darling little city and we spent the evening before the wedding on a catamaran cruise of the harbor. It was beautiful, and it was so much fun to see what an incredibly beautiful, classy woman Nisha has become . . . We met at Red's Ice House for some cocktails and munchies before we sailed . . . here is Nisha on the left with her sister and a couple of her besties. p.s. - Nisha's dress is from Nordstrom. It's by Lush and it comes in green and black and I am in LOVE with it and am sad to say it is on backorder until the end of May. :(
Photobucket
The oh-so-handsome Matt is on the right . . . he is so in love with Nisha, it melts my heart!
Photobucket
See?
Photobucket
It's hard not to be when you look like this - and she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out . . .
Photobucket
All aboard! This photo cracks me up . . . Nisha's dad breaking through the crowd to bring me my camera bag before we got on the boat :) Thanks, Rick!
Photobucket
Three of my most favorite things combined into one . . . wine, being on the water, and sunshine!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Matt's adorable parents . . . it was so good to catch up with them! What wonderful people!
Photobucket
This beautiful group of ladies call themselves the Baby Mamas. Not sure where it came from, but it's adorable, and so are they! A group of girlfriends who would do anything in the world for you is the best :)
Photobucket
Courtney and Ashlea :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Makeshift slide for the kiddos!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nisha's dad was quite emotional during the wedding festivities, but you can't blame the guy for being so proud of such a beautiful daughter . . .
Photobucket
Sisters!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nisha and Matt, you are beautiful and so inspirational to all of us! I love you and am so grateful for my time with you. Stay tuned for some of the most beautiful wedding pics ever! ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment