Sunday, April 25, 2010

jamaica wedding: kristin and jason

I remember exactly what I was doing . . . sitting in the sun on a summer afternoon last year while the girls napped, when I saw the blinking light on my Blackberry. It was a Facebook message from Kristin. I've been thinking about this long and hard, and I would love to have you come to Jamaica to photograph my wedding . . . It was one of those surreal moments for me. Not only was I going to photograph my first destination wedding, but it was also for a family I have known since I was eleven years old.

Kristin's older sister, Jen, was my very best friend throughout junior high school. She was a year older than me, and at her 8th grade graduation, we bawled our eyes out because we had to be separated for a year before I got to high school. She wore a red and white polka-dot dress, and I wore a flowered shirt and jeans, and there are photographs of us at the cafeteria reception afterwards with tear-stained cheeks and blood-shot eyes. I spent countless nights at their beautiful home, admiring the bond of their family. I remember they always had Redken shampoo in their shower, and the time that Kristin's mother dumped my contacts down the sink. I did endless back flips into their pool, and walked miles on our weekend trips to the mall. I didn't spend as much time with Kristin as I did her sister, but I felt safe and comfortable and at home with the entire family, and I did again, years later, at this beautiful wedding.















We had a very emotional best man . . .



And a very emotional maid of honor :)

































Kristin and Jason, and your families, thank you so much for having me . . . it means more than you know! Much love, Morgan

2 comments:

  1. You are truly gifted at what you do! These pictures are amazing and you are so great at telling their love story through photos. I can't wait for my big day and couldn't be any happier with the photographer we chose! I know every picture will be perfect in its own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pix as always! Stunning couple to photograph too--lucky you!

    ReplyDelete