Monday, March 7, 2011

jamie and bud: october 20, 2010, mayan riviera

Photobucket


Jamie and Bud were the most wonderful way to end my 2010 wedding season . . . on the Mayan Riviera, in Mexico, with their beautiful families and extremely fun friends :) It was a bit of a whirlwind weekend, but worth every ounce of lost sleep.

Jamie got her God-loving amazingly beautiful red locks styled at our amazing Barcelo Maya Palace Hotel . . .

Photobucket


Photobucket


And then dressed back in her room. Jamie and Bud had been planning a destination wedding for quite some time, and finally settled on Mexico . . . but not long after the engagement, it became known that Margaritas weren't going to be on Jamie's to-do list ;) She looked amazingly radiant in her wedding dress, and . . . it's a BOY! Ian Michael was born a healthy baby boy just a few days ago.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Got shots?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I can honestly tell you that every single person I met at this wedding was wonderful . . . but I felt quite a bond towards Bud's mom, Victoria, after a simple encounter I had with her during the reception. She is one of these people who extended herself towards me, and seemed genuinely happy to make me a part of the group. I approached her at her table and said, You have the most wonderful parents ever! I had been observing them because, although they'd clearly been together for quite a bit of time, they were so in love and content with one another. Vicki explained to me just how wonderful they were . . . how her Dad, although not biological, raised her and her sisters as if his own, and how good he was to her mother. I knew exactly what she was talking about, and we hugged.

Two months after Bud and Jamie's wedding, Victoria passed away unexpectedly, and I only include this in a wedding post because she deserves the recognition that not only was she an amazing woman to those who knew and loved her, but she was kind and graceful to those she just met.

Photobucket


Jamie and Bud, and little baby Ian . . . thank you for an amazing weekend, a beautiful story, wonderful families, and memorable friends. : ) Click here to view a slideshow!

No comments:

Post a Comment