Wednesday, September 21, 2011

evan, dan and mira: july 9, 2011

I met Evan, Dan and Mira at The Daily coffee shop in Bozeman one evening last spring. As I bounced Mira on my lap, smiled and nodded at the couple, I learned that the type of wedding they would be having was the type of wedding - dare I say it? - that all people in love and wanting marriage should be having. They didn't care about photographs of the shoes, or the dress hanging in a window. They didn't need their rings strung onto the prongs of a fork. And they didn't really care to remember what they ate that evening, although I'm sure they wanted it to be delicous. Instead, Dan looked me in the eye and said, it's about the people. It's not about the things. It's about the people who are there, celebrating with us. It was about the laughter and the smiles, the words that were spoken, and the reactions felt.

They tugged at my heart strings, and I happily accepted the job when it was offered to me. The setting was incredible . . . the ceremony was held at Bohart Ranch, high in the Bridger Mountains, and all of the fixings for a fantastic time were brought in by Genevieve Burmeister.

Below are some of my favorite moments from the day, and a slideshow wraps it all together in a perfect little presentation meant to show that it was, truly, all about the people. Dan and Evan, thank you for having a marriage, and not just a wedding. Much love to you and Mira always . . .

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment