Wednesday, September 28, 2011

what About Me?

Ah, the dreaded About Me section. I'm in the midst of giving my website a serious makeover, and I've stumbled upon that nasty little section that, when done properly, boom, you're booked before the client even sees your rates. (Well, not exactly, but it might get an inquiry.) And when done wrong, you can come across as fake, a cheeseball, or that just plain sounds like everybody else's About Me section. I absolutely love the art of writing, and I think it is important that words flow together in a way that they - pardon the cliche - roll off your tongue when read aloud. So with that said, here's what I'm all about, according to www.morganlamare.com.

Wanting to bring a fresh style to the art of wedding photography, and truly loving photographing two people in love, I began my wedding photography career in early 2008 in southwest Montana. I approach each wedding as an opportunity to create a masterpiece for a couple who are celebrating one of the most important milestones in their lives. My style is an essential mix of editorial and photojournalistic . . . I look for the most beautiful, available light for every portrait, and compose them to reflect the moment in a way I hope evokes some emotion inside. And just as importantly, I stand back quietly to observe other moments and understand what is about to unfold, so that it can be documented and remembered for many, many years to come. My clients and their happiness are extremely important to me, and I do my best to operate my business from their perspective.

When I am not photographing or spending time with my computer, I absolutely love spending time with my family. Ava and Stella are my beautiful, dimple-faced children who you’ll see quite often on my blog, and Joe is the man who I am never, ever letting go. We have a wonderful group of friends we entertain quite often, enjoy spending countless hours in the kitchen cooking and sipping a favorite wine, listening to music and laughing. And reading and writing help me escape from the frenzied world I am so incredibly happy in. I love fresh flowers, I like my steak medium-rare, and lots of Tae-bo and yoga help me keep it all in perspective.

Cheers to you and your engagement! Enjoy the photos here, and there is always plenty more to view on my blog. Happy Wedding Planning!


Is it rolling off your tongue? Now, let me clarify a few things. First, Joe and I do all of those things I mentioned above, but it's usually me in the kitchen, and him on the couch, and we do that whole laughing thing I talked about from across the room (it's an open floor plan). I usually have Amos Lee or David Gray on the iPod, and he is simultaneously watching sports, a hunting show with way too much whispering, or a cooking-challenge show.

I used to be an avid reader, and I'm trying to set goals for myself to finish what I start, and make the time to get lost in some knowledge, or just plain trashy fiction. My goal for September was to finish Raising Happiness by Christine Carter, Ph.D., The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (a re-read - it keeps me in check), and Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand (all of her juicy novels are set in Nantucket, one of my most favorite places I've only ever been to once but someday will own a home in). At this point, I have three more evenings to finish 300 pages so I'm thinking this month's goal will not be met. : ) It's all good!

And finally, my favorite fresh flowers come via delivery of Angela Klotz with Fresh Designs or Leslie Lukas of Leslie Lukas Weddings & Events. Here is a sneak peek of Angela's amazingness from our second night in Wyoming. You can read all about the first night here.

Photobucket


If you stuck with me on this one, thank you! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment