Tuesday, September 4, 2012

yumtwist: chef sarah knecht

How much fun is this part of my job? Earlier this summer, I embarked on a set of shoots for local chef Sarah Knecht, a wonderful woman who is becoming a wonderful friend. Sarah and I have worked together at several weddings, and got to spend lots of quality time together bonding in Wyoming at a Dude Ranch wedding we worked last August . . . and when Sarah and I sat down to discuss the possibility of her cooking for my wedding, she asked me graciously to photograph the food and details for her up and coming cookbook, Yumtwist. And I kindly accepted. My love affair with good food is a widely known trait by now. ;) This was the second of three styled shoots that were held to make this project complete, this one being photographed at the simply gorgeous and stunning Double T River Ranch in Clyde Park. I arrived to this set up, designed beautifully by Angela of Fresh Designs and Elsa of The Woodlands at Cottonwood Canyon. Montana Party Rentals provided the gorgeous vintage tables and decor, which they choose carefully and make available for any event. This team was incredible!
Photobucket
Here are some details of the edibles:
Photobucket
This kind of kicks bacon-and-eggs ass, doesn't it? After the brunch menu was photographed, Elsa and I moved to one of the beautiful cabins to style and photograph a grilled cheese spread, reuben sandwich, pizza and grilled fish, and we finished the day photographing a glorious pan of mussels tossed with all sorts of things beautiful and worldly such as olive oil, red onion, garlic and fresh parsley . . . mmmmmmmmm . . .
Photobucket
Sarah is an incredible chef - we used her at our wedding this past Sunday, and we were approached by numerous guests who could not stop ranting and raving about how delightful the food was. Click here to Like her on Facebook and get all of the good information on ordering her very first cookbook!

1 comment: