Thursday, December 6, 2012

a simple portrait

If you've followed this blog and wedding photography in general for some time now, you know more than anything how much the style of wedding photographs have changed . . . how interaction, snuggling and laughing are shown so much more than two simple smiles, with a bouquet front and center. When I began shooting weddings professionally, it was very important to me to stand out from what the rest of the industry in my community was doing. Five years later, while I still strive to stand out, I've learned the importance and power of what is known as a simple wedding portrait. Yes, the kind your parents want to frame. The kind your grandchildren will cherish. Not two faces buried in each other's necks, or running through a field in a fit of laughter. Just simple, beautiful love . . .
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There are a hundred styles, poses and ways to engage a couple for a simple portrait that still reflects your style of photography . . . the ones above are just a couple of my favorites. :) Happy Thursday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment