Wednesday, December 5, 2012

oh, christmas tree!

Before the fierce wind moved in this weekend, my little family and I ventured deep into the Bridger Mountains for what was the beginning of the annual cutting-of-the-Christmas-tree tradition. I know we probably should have implemented this earlier, but it was definitely much more enjoyable with the girls being the ages they are. They were in snow up to their thighs, giddy with excitement, and when we got back into the truck after the perfect tree had been found, Stella looked at me and said, "Best. Day. Ever." :) Next year I better be in good shape . . . there will be a little man on my back, and if he takes after his Daddy, he isn't going to be a peanut!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm not sure why I'm asking everyone to wave lately in photos . . .Hi, Stella! She surprised me with how ambitious she was to hike up the hills in the deep snow. Stella is probably very typically the "babied" one - she's a little munchkin, has soft curly blonde hair, and very, fair, smooth baby skin. She is 5 years old and probably weighs 35 pounds, so she's easily scoopable and quite a snuggler.
Photobucket
Miss Ava, taking a rest . . . this is pretty accurate for this little beauty queen. Ava prefers dancing and applying lipgloss to being active, but she is one hell of a little baseball player, and a super fast runner. However, breaks were needed on this little adventure. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I hope you are making beautiful holiday memories with your families this year, staying warm, listening to LOTS of Christmas music, and enjoying the spirit of the season!

1 comment:

  1. I know you aren't thrilled when your Mom posts on your blog, but thanks for the smile today...I needed it:)

    ReplyDelete