Monday, December 10, 2012

that's a wrap!

This past weekend I finished editing my last full wedding of 2012, the wedding of Amy and Paul, whose engagement session you can view here. It was such a wonderful wedding to go back and relive through the photographs . . . it reminded me of what an incredibly blessed year I have had, in so many ways. Not only were all of my couples truly so lovely to work with, and many of them became friends, but I have come to such a place of confidence and trust in myself as a photographer and a business woman. It takes time to learn all of this, and many mistakes are made along the way, but I write this with awareness of knowing what works, what doesn’t work, and what my max is that allows me to be successful and enjoy this wonderful path. My boudoir clients were a remarkable group of women who showed so much appreciation, joy and excitement towards me . . . and while it is up to them to have the confidence to be a part of something that is so far outside most people’s comfort zone, to be able to make the experience fun and memorable for them is invaluable to me. And while I don’t shoot a whole ton of other portraits throughout the year, the families and individuals I did get the opportunity to work with on this front make me feel so honored in that they trust my ability to capture them being exactly as they are - candid, funny, romantic, silly. So as I move into the off-season and enjoy some time behind the computer, revamping the business and opening myself up to a new creativity for 2013, please know how grateful I am for what you’ve all given me this past year . . . it’s been an amazing season!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment