Tuesday, March 5, 2013

favorite finds

Every wedding season, I typically shoot anywhere between 15 and 20 weddings . . . and I always fall in love with ideas, creations and tiny little details that my couples are incorporating into their big day. Now because of the wonderful world of Pinterest, we have an even broader place to seek out for inspiration. I'm a sucker for bringing in some unique little touches that separate your wedding out from others, whether it's in a fashion statement or reception detail. Here are a few from recent weddings that jump out at me for your inspirational pleasure! 1. The Blusher Veil. I know I've oohed and ahhed over Kate's blusher veil a hundred times on this blog, but here it is again for emphasis on just how darling it was. It was so fun to play around with during portraits! I adore a beautiful fashion veil or headpiece when the wedding is celebrated outside of a church . . .
Photobucket
2. Succulents Bouquets. Angela of Fresh Designs created these stunning bouquets, and adorned a couple dozen reception tables with different succulent arrangements for a fresh, delightful spin on traditional wedding flowers. Although many couples are stepping outside the box and allowing their floral designers to use their creativity, these were such a refreshing spin on a bridal bouquet.
Photobucket
3. To Go Boxes. I'll admit, up until this past summer, you'd really never find me indulging in wedding cake or dessert. I didn't have much of a sweet tooth, and it was a plate of calories I was happy to pass up. Not so much anymore, my friends. This baby has instilled in me a sweet tooth like no other, and I was more than delighted when Rachel and Paul included this adorable message on their dessert table for those who wanted or needed to leave after the cake was cut. You can bet your you-know-what I made my way home with one filled a bit too full. ;)
Photobucket
4. The Hell With It! A Change of Plans. Nisha and Matt had originally planned their wedding in our hometown in Plattsburgh, NY, on a date that I'd already be in town to shoot another wedding, so it worked out perfectly for me to be a part of this beautiful couple's big day. A few months later, I got an email from Nisha that enough was enough - wedding plans were too much, it was too stressful, and they were heading to Charleston, South Carolina in April with their nearest and dearest for an intimate wedding in one of their favorite places. I happily packed my bags and hit the road, and had one of my most memorable weekends ever in such a beautiful place!
Photobucket
5. Hydrangeas. I know these may not be that magical to you, but I am in love with hydrangeas. I grew up in a teeny, tiny house in a crappy part of town, but smack dab alongside our driveway was a ginormous, beautiful hydrangea bush that made it feel quaint and lovely. I don't see them as often as I thought I would in wedding flowers, but with all of the other amazing details Mikey and Heath incorporated into their August wedding, it was natural to see something so breathtaking to me included in her bouquet.
Photobucket
There are so many more lovely things to share with you, and I promise to do so while I'm spending the next few weeks in my archives, updating websites, working on marketing materials, and waiting for the little man's arrival. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment