Monday, March 18, 2013

no baby . . . yet!

Waiting for a baby is a funny thing . . . for myself, I feel wonderful up until 37 weeks, and then boom! I feel like if the baby isn’t here by 37 weeks, 1 day, I’m late. I get so anxious, excited, nervous and a bit impatient. I know, people who know me would be so surprised. ;) This time, I am better because life is so full. 7 and 5 year old daughters, a wonderful husband who I love to spend time with, an amazing network of friends to entertain, a beautiful home to keep in working order, a business to run, and my husband’s business to collaborate on, are all keeping my days very, very busy. There have been days I’ve even wished to not go into labor because it just didn’t fit in with my other plans. But it’s funny how the timing of things seems to work out exactly as it should. This past week, the little ones were on spring break, and since they are too young to complain about not being able to go somewhere warm or to the beach, they happily enjoyed their time at home, sleeping in, staying up late, and enjoying some one-on-one with me before they meet their little brother. We had a day of lunch, nails and shopping, an afternoon bowling the 6-lane bowling alley in Ennis with one of their favorite shorties, two birthday parties to enjoy, they spent an afternoon at Norris Hot Springs, and the weather cooperated enough that they hula-hooped to their hearts’ content, along with bike rides and trampoline jumps. It was an important week for me to spend loving, patient time with them, and they happily ventured off to school this morning knowing Grayson’s arrival is imminent, and feeling happy and excited to meet him. As for myself, my toes are polished, my bag is packed, and I may squeeze in one more prenatal massage if I can this week. I am going to enjoy each day and not rush this little guy’s arrival, not because I absolutely cannot wait to meet him, but because I want him to come when nature calls, not Pitocin. And I am so grateful for this space to share everything with you . . . thank you for your emails, texts, and support as always!
 photo 083copy_zpsbb4cf678.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment