Monday, February 14, 2011

all you need is love

Happy Valentine's Day to all out there! . . . I have been thinking of a blog post to write all day about the topic, but I'm not sure anyone would take me seriously. I have learned that while Valentine's Day is what most consider a "made-up" holiday, it is kind of nice to have a day where society tells you that it is very important to tell the ones you love how you feel, whether by a beautiful card or a bouquet of flowers. I bet the effects of Valentine's Day bring couples together for long enough to realize it's much better off to stay close, be kind, and say I love you.

My Valentine's Day has unfolded beautifully . . . 55 degree weather in Montana, sunshine, and an amazing bouquet of completely unexpected flowers from my own personal Valentine. Joe was quite honest about his feelings towards Maui and two Coach purses equaling one pretty sweet show-your-love holiday, but handed me a beautiful card this morning and followed through with flowers that he - ahem - requested be somewhat tropical because I am missing Hawaii so much. And he personally requested orchids, because, well, he knows I love orchids. It's ridonculous how much I love this man.

This isn't us . . . I figured you've seen enough of us since my Maui post . . . but Bud and Jamie are also very much in love, and they deserve a little shout out because they are waiting on baby boy Ian Michael to make an appearance any minute now. Their wedding was my last of 2010 and happily landed me on the Mayan Riviera for four days in October . . . slideshow and full blog post to follow. :)

Photobucket


I send much, much love to my blog readers tonight, and hope you all feel numerous sources of a wonderful, unconditional love, too. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment