Sunday, February 20, 2011

perfect combinations

I have been quite connected to my computer all evening . . . back and forth between the PC in the office, with the Pandora tunes in the background, and the laptop at the bar counter, spinning intermittently to catch a scene from Big Love, or tell a shortie or two that Mommy can't do that right now. I had an entirely different blog post planned, but for some reason stumbled upon one of my first weddings that I love just as much today as I did then.

This wedding encompassed everything a wedding should be about: a vintage dress that belonged to the groom's grandmother . . . a completely relaxed bride who had a lifetime of best friends stand as her bridesmaids . . . a truly emotional ceremony between two people who were there for the marriage, not for the wedding . . . and a venue that has become a solid favorite. This was my first wedding at Roys' Barn back in the ancient ol' year of 2009, and as soon as I saw the sunset and wheat fields, I was and have been completely hooked.

Claire and Steven's wedding images were also images I was processing in a vintage style for the first time, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't change much about them taking what I did then versus what I would do now. It is a style that I LOVE incorporating into my work :)

Happy Sunday to all, and to all a good night!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I use this one on some of my business cards : )

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this shoot! See, you're just a natural, Mo! <3

    ReplyDelete