Monday, February 28, 2011

wedding trends: something blue and headpieces

You wouldn't know it by my Mom jeans, Costco boots and circa 1998 North Face fleece, but I looooove fashion. I truly do. This year I am committed to make that a bit more obvious when I walk into a room. Mom jeans, be gone!

Early last year I developed a strong love for the birdcage veil. I wanted to shoot a bride wearing a birdcage veil so bad I almost offered a birdcage-veil-discount just to get photographs of one on my memory card. Lo and behold, the wedding gods worked their magic and gave me four beautiful Birdcage Brides:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Well, it's a brand new year, and brand new wedding season, and because I am a sucker for something vintage and something unique, especially on your wedding day, imagine how I feel about this:

Photobucket


You get a fabulous headpiece and your something blue all at once! I first fell in love with headpieces when I discovered Twigs and Honey, and this one comes from the brand spankin' new wedding site that my beloved Anthropologie just launched, BHLDN. They have all things wedding with that vintage flair, and if the headpiece is a bit too much flair, try these adorable shoe clips:

Photobucket


Happy Browsing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links Morgan! I've been collecting things to make my headpiece and have been needing a little inspiration!

    ReplyDelete