Monday, June 11, 2012

after the wedding

Happy Monday, everyone! Wedding season is upon us, and so far I have photographed a couple of intimate weddings at the beautiful Rainbow Ranch in Big Sky, MT, one in Charleston, South Carolina, and my most recent one in upstate New York. I am so excited to share it ALL with you this year . . . and some personal circumstances in my life have recently led me right back to working my photography business full time, with an extra special attention to my clients. A very memorable experience I had in my early years was a tiny little piece of missing information on my contract that allowed a client of mine to receive every. single. image. that I photographed the day of her wedding. My wording has since changed, but imagine my horror in handing over a group of photographs that, simply put, I don't want anyone else to see. There are always a few bad shots. Fiddling with your settings, test photos, bad composition, eyes shut, focus is off, etc. It happens. Show me a photographer whereby every single image taken is beautiful and deliverable, and I will show you a million dollars. The other reason we do this is so that you aren't getting six nearly-identical images of a family photo. Part of what you, as a client, are paying a photographer to do is weed through those not-so-good images and place them carefully in a little folder on my computer I like to call the Recycle Bin. Keep in mind that ALL of your images are backed up immediately after the wedding - if there is something you feel is missing, you can ask for it and I can search for it. However, the final product includes the most deliverable images, and those images are carefully edited to my style so that they showcase the most beautiful you. Below is a keeper - the beautiful Nisha, and displays the before and after of how the photo looks straight out of the camera, and how the image looks after post-production. It isn't crazy-different from the original, and Nisha is as gorgeous as it gets, but it deserved a little bit of work . . .
Photobucket
A lot of hard work goes into what we do after your wedding, but I know in this industry and in my community, we are all truly passionate about what we do, and are so honored to be a part of your day. Stay tuned for a full week's worth of posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment