Monday, October 1, 2012

let's meet!

I have many beautiful wedding images to share with you still from the rest of the summer, but I thought before I do just that, it would be fun to share with you a few things about me that you probably already know (my love for food and cooking), and a few things that may surprise you (we are going to have a baby in March! - surprise!). It's a good way to re-introduce myself, since I've decided to keep on blogging on! Without further ado . . . 1) Yes, I love, love, love to cook and eat. Since this pregnancy began and I haven't been feeling all that well, I've definitely slowed down on the cooking front, and have had to watch like a hawk what I crave and give in to on the eating front, but it is a passion of mine to make a wonderful meal for my family and friends! 2) About a month before Joe and I had our amazing wedding celebration, we found out (again . . . surprise!) that we were expecting a little one. Holy smokes! In all honesty, we shouldn't have been too surprised. We planned on getting started shortly after our wedding, but apparently we are quite irresistible to one another. We have a March 31, 2013 due date, we will find out the baby's sex, and it will NOT affect my summer work schedule (in case you were wondering). This is my third baby and to be honest, but hopefully not sound like a complainer, I don't feel all that well most of the time. I had ZERO energy for about the first 10 weeks, and once I came out of that phase, I started experiencing nausea randomly throughout the day. Boo. I have to eat every two hours on the dot or I turn into a hot mess. Poor Joe. Love you, sweetie. 3) I put mustard on my pizza. I know that is totally random, but thought it was a fun fact to fit in next to that little pregnancy detail. :) It's delicious! You should try it . . . 4) I am going into my 6th year as a wedding photographer in southwest Montana. Before that, I worked as a paralegal at a wonderful medical malpractice law firm in Bozeman. I love being able to work from home, and in the past couple of years I have traveled to shoot weddings in Mexico, Jamaica, Malibu, South Carolina, and in my home state of upstate New York. It is quite an honor to be asked to journey so far to be a part of someone's big day! 5) I am a fierce list-maker! Nothing satisfies me more than crossing off those to-dos. 6) I love being a girl! My everyday favorites are Bare Minerals, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier makeup, Bumble & Bumble and Moroccon Oil hair products, and Narciso Rodriquez perfume. I do, however, have a horrible habit of going to bed with my makeup on. 7) I love to read, and oh, how I have missed it so! This past year I finally made some serious time for it to be back in my life, due in part to keeping a stricter work schedule during the days and a leisure and family schedule during the nights. I recently finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and oh. my. goodness. What a phenomenal writer is she! I majored in English and Writing in college, so a poorly-written book is the equivalent of spoiled food to me. I won't touch it. 8) I am a sucker for celebrity news and photos - probably because I always wanted to be an actress! 9) My girls don't let me microwave their popcorn because I burn it almost every single time. I'm really not sure how, with that handy "Popcorn" button and all, but it's a hot mess when I open that bag! Joe is Popcorn Maker Extraordinaire. 10) I have the most generous, loving husband a woman could ask for. Joe puts me and the girls 100% above and beyond anything else in his world. It's very important to me to take our marriage one day at a time, show appreciation and love constantly, and let those days add up to many, many years. Since I met and fell in love with him, got engaged and had a wedding, I have had so much more excitement and passion for my brides and grooms embarking on the same journey. There's nothing better than finding your lobster, is there? :)
Photobucket

1 comment: