Thursday, September 23, 2010

elsa: i believe

Yesterday I was having kind of a bummer of an afternoon. I was muddling around the house, surrounded by the dreary weather. It was one of those days, almost like all of my days, that I didn't slow down either internally or externally. I had been up in the middle of the night with a sick man, up early to shuttle the girls off to a sitter's so I could drive to an out-of-town meeting, and when I finally settled in back at home, good news turned to bad news in regards to a silly financial matter. And then the phone rang. Elsa left a voicemail. I just kind of had a feeling you were having a not-so-great day, hon, so if you want to talk, call me. So I picked my jaw up off the counter, and did so.

I'm not a big cliche girl, but words really can't describe this woman, because she is such a spirit. She is magical and intuitive. I wasn't going to do this specific blog post today, but this morning I was going to pick Stella up from preschool and the song I Believe by Brooks & Dunn came on the radio, and I immediately thought of Elsa. I thought of how whatever she believes in, whatever she decides she is going to create in her life, is created. It comes from this deep, genuine core that is so brilliantly in tune with the people in her life that she loves. And that is how she knows what you need, before you even know what you need. She is a higher power, and she stays with you long after she's hung up the phone, or left your house.

We call each other The Assets because we truly do need each other, and each of us need the other for a completely different reason. I need Elsa because she pushes me to see my world without any black and white areas. She reminds me of the depth of every situation. She stays present with me, and leads me back to today when I am worrying about tomorrow. And she sees the positive in every single thing, naturally and effortlessly. You aren't a messy eater, Mo. You're just passionate about food and that is a wonderful thing! Yep. She tells me that even when there are meatballs at my feet.

Besides being the spiritual force behind the Assets, Elsa is the wonder woman behind The Woodlands at Cottonwood Canyon. She and her husband Chuck worked so incredibly hard to bring this vision to fruition, and in doing so have provided this valley one of the most intimate and beautiful wedding and event venues. I am going to choose to blog separately about The Woodlands because I have photographed there numerous times and I really want to talk about it in more depth . . . I want to tell its story from the very beginning, when it was just a thought in Elsa and Chuck's young, newlywed minds, and take you to today, and I'm not prepared to do so right now. Just know that if you choose The Woodlands as your wedding venue, there is magic there that no other venue has, and once you hear why, you will better understand.

I hope you all have an Elsa in your lives, and if you don't, then you should strive to be a little bit more like her. ;)

You should also strive to look like her. Rawr! (Just kidding, because Elsa would tell you that you're beautiful just the way you are, which you are :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Elsa, we are all so very blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for being everything I need. Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment