Tuesday, September 7, 2010

stephanie + matt: 7.17.10

Photobucket


Stephanie and Matt. One of my most beloved couples so far in this wonderful career of mine. Our relationship began as most do in this industry . . . an email inquiry as to whether I had July 17, 2010, open to photograph their wedding at Chico Hot Springs. It was followed by a few telephone calls, and a booking. And on a very cold winter day, we met in Willow Creek, Montana, for a very beautiful engagement session in the gorgeous, cold light, and a friendship began that has changed my life.

I can say the easy stuff, such as they are so kind! Or, they are so in love! Of course, those things are true, but they are so very much more than that. They inspire me. They have learned the most important things to their relationship is to be attentive, to be present, and most importantly, to make one another laugh. And they do it beautifully.

For 11 years, Stephanie and Matt moved along in their relationship before this wedding was held. A lot of people ask how I waited for marriage with Matt for 11 years, Stephanie wrote to me recently in an email. And my answer is 'because I wasn't waiting'. I spent the last 11 years trying to be present (which isn't easy) and truly enjoying and being thankful for what we have. Sh*!, if I'd been focused on marriage, it wouldn't have lasted. I'd have become frustrated and I would have missed out on something so good. Do you see why I love her so much? She's perfect and she swears. ;)

Stephanie and Matt, you know how much I love you both. I couldn't possibly post more than one photo without being accompanied by the voice of Eva Cassidy and a song to bring you back even more so. Thank you for everything you have taught me about love. Enjoy your slideshow!

1 comment:

  1. Mo, I just wanted to let you know how beautiful this is. Thank you for the photos, your words, the music, but mostly for lending your amazing talent to our wedding - I appreciate all of your effort. The pictures represent a beautiful memory that I'll always be able to look back on so vividly- thanks to you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete