Monday, March 5, 2012

the boersema family

The Boersema family is a beautiful little family who I walked away from feeling so incredibly inspired and joyous, because of this amazing couple . . .

Photobucket


Steve and Vickie are the foundation of the rest of these images. They came to Montana to celebrate the Christmas holiday at the home of their son Nate, his wife Marcia and their beautiful little one, Haven. I know Nate and Marcia as she used to coach my almost-niece's volleyball team, and was very honored when they asked me to document family photos. Steve and Vickie also brought along Heidi and her family, and together the group was so lovely to be around. The above photograph is one I will cherish forever . . . as Steve put his arms around his wife, he looked at me and said proudly, "We've been married for 36 years . . . " and then he burst into tears! It made my heart melt, and Vickie beamed with pride. Although this was the first time I had ever met this couple, I could tell that Vickie's happy, kind and beautiful demeanor was that of a woman who was easy to love. Relationships can be hard and marriages challenging, but I hope I can take mine one day at a time so that in 36 years, Joe tears up, too. :)

Heidi and her family were darling . . . these little girls were so kind, well behaved and polite!

Photobucket


I love, love, love the light in this one . . .

Photobucket


Poor Haven had a bad cold and it was quite chilly out, but I got a few smiles from her. She and her mommy have the most beautiful blue eyes, and Nate is such a wonderful father! He and Haven have shared many snacks with my girls at volleyball games. ;)

Photobucket


Photobucket


It's very important to get mom and dad ALONE when you can! ;)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Cousins!

Photobucket


The beautiful crew . . .

Photobucket


We ended the shoot with a short walk on a gorgeous old bridge. I love how proud and happy Steve looks of his family :)

Photobucket


I received the kindest emails thanking me for these photographs, but it was just as wonderful for me to be there and witness such beautiful moments. I hope 2012 brings nothing but happiness to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment