Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Assets: Me

In my life, there are three groups of people who surround me every single day. Some of them challenge me, some of them inspire me, some of them love me unconditionally. The first group is, of course, the shorties. Ava and Stella, my two little dimpled children, who visually are seriously two of the cutest children I have ever laid eyes on, let alone given birth to. The second is Joe, my love, my very best friend. He is the reason I believe in that old cliche to marry your best friend, because when the friendship is there, I believe the respect is there, too. The desire to protect, not hurt, and to take accountability, so that when you do let each other down, you bring them back up. The last group is my Assets. My very best girlfriends, with whom I would be lonely without. Everytime we get together they ask, when are you going to start an Assets blog? And I say, tonight, tonight, tonight! Because I have so many stories to tell, and we experience amazing things together. But I've discovered everything I experience in life is one book, not several, and here I blog not just the weddings and the portrait sessions with strangers I only meet once, but the experiences I have personally as well. I cannot seem to separate it all, and so I won't. Last night, some of us got together at the beautiful home of Leslie Lukas to eat, drink, be merry, and talk shop, and I got the idea to bring my camera to take individual photos of each girl for their own personal and business use. I turned the camera over to the girls as well to snap a few of myself, but this particular photo of me . . .

Photobucket


was taken by him . . .

Photobucket


Henry Lukas is six years old and fierce with that camera! As Elsa said, he captured my signature hair flip perfectly. :)

I do not need much of an introduction at this point, as my life on this blog and my old blog have been an open book. But if you didn't already know, I am the Asset who is the most sarcastic. I talk non-stop and am quite bossy. I am in love with cooking and entertaining, so I host the most. I love my wine red and my ribeye rare. I am the newest business owner of the group, but not the youngest. My two favorite appetizers that I almost always make are caprese salad, and bruschetta with goat cheese and honey. The very first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning is what to make for dinner. I think texts and emails that don't have smiley faces in them seem rude, and I cannot understand how people can type the word "thanks" without an explanation point at the end. And if I am having a horrible day, I drive to Ennis and sit on Leslie's deck, whether she's home or not.

I'm very excited to incorporate this part of my life into my blog . . . these girls define friendship exactly as it should be. We are better for having one another. We are the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, but way cooler. Enjoy this chapter, because it's going to be a really, really good one. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it Morgan! Also, about time that you wrote on "The Assets!" You are a true treasure to have in ones life! A girl just knows a soul sister when she sees one!

    P.S. I love, love, love that picture of you and your gorgeous hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MO...this is brilliant and funny and totally you and us all wrapped into one beautiful thing. I can't wait to read on about our adventures in life! Watch out everyone! Here come the assets!!! xxxooo to the moon and back! LL, the Hankster, and the Jackalope!! Plus, my son is so talented.

    ReplyDelete