Monday, August 30, 2010

the most lovely leslie

She's beautiful, confident and amazing. She is my go-to woman . . . it doesn't matter if it's a business question, or a parenting rant, or an I'm having a terrible day and I'm coming to see you day, she is there. She is Leslie Lukas, who is mom to Henry and Jackie, and wife of Joe. Every morning after she wakes up and brews her beloved Keurig, she strolls into Main Street Floral in Ennis, Montana, tying bouquets and arranging arrangements, effortlessly, with grace and humor.

Let me tell you about Leslie on a personal level. She is one of my very best friends. She provides me a perspective on things that is so refreshing and admirable, and she puts me in my place when I need to be put. She carries herself with an elegance that is truly admirable, and yet if I could burp, she would compete me. She is the first person who successfully got me to consistently wear green eye shadow, one evening in Jamaica while we were getting ready for dinner. Oh, and she flew all the way to Jamaica with me in March for a wedding I was photographing . . . I know for sure because she deserved a vacation, but also because I know she didn't want me traveling there alone. I can't think of a time I walked away from one of our gatherings without thinking, I freaking adore that woman.

Besides being full-time fabulous, Ms. Lukas represents Leslie Lukas Weddings & Events. She is also an Asset. That, to you, my friends means that she not only is an exceptional planner and floral designer, but she is part of a major network of women who are slowly and accurately trying to take over this small town and get on an Oprah show with our wisdom, humor and alliance among one another. Most importantly, we have all happily embraced the mentality that we have to shift our sails . . . that weddings have become much of a do-it-yourself project in the realm of a recession, and because of the desire to maintain control over such an important, monetary event. Leslie is not only offering Do-It-Yourself Floral Design classes, but she's super excited to show these beautiful brides of the Madison and Gallatin Valleys (and beyond!) that what you will eventually spend at Michael's while feeling pretty confident you're saving money, is most likely way more than you would spend when you ask the hands of an experienced woman to work within your budget. Oh, and by the way, Leslie has been featured in Bride's, Elegant Bride, Sunset Weddings, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, and Town and Country Magazines, among others.

Beautiful. Confident. Amazing.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment