Saturday, July 7, 2012

a montana wedding . . .

When I first started doing photography on a professional level, what I fell in love with the most was the way sunlight adds such a depth and emotion to an image that is composed properly . . . and that hasn't changed. As a wedding photographer, we aren't able to be picky about the weather like we can be when scheduling an engagement session, or portrait session. Today's weather was hot, muggy, and a bit overcast for most of the day, leading to some unsettling thoughts of a major rainstorm at a venue where we didn't have the option to move inside. But after the bride and groom cut the cake, the sun lowered into a space between the clouds and the mountains, and I knew if I didn't steal them for a few more photographs, I'd regret it for a very long time. Beautiful light is still just as important to me, and I will always compose my shoots around it. Tonight, the light was accompanied by rain and cottonwood, and I was delighted when I got home to discover the camera captured these extra elements as well . . .
Photobucket
I am just loving this wedding season so much, maybe because I get to be a bride myself in less than two months (!!!!!), or because it is just so wonderful to come into your own and shoot what you know, what you love, and what is important to your clients. For a Montana wedding, I believe it is good light, amazing landscape, good composition, and two people truly in love. Happy day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment