Monday, July 30, 2012

summer preview . . . so far!

I am so excited to be in such a wonderful blogging place right now . . . 2012 weddings are in full swing, but it's such a manageable schedule for me that keeps me excited and creative, which are two areas that us wedding photographers can start to lose it a little bit if we overbook ourselves. My weddings so far this summer have been simply beautiful, with genuinely in-love couples . . . and my own excitement for them I hope is palpable. Here is a little preview of my beautiful couples so far! Travis and Kyndra were married June 23rd at The Woodlands at Cottonwood Canyon. One of the most important things about why this venue is so wonderful is that no matter what time of the day you have your ceremony, the light is incredible with the way it filters through the trees . . . and you have so many places to roam and chase light as it changes in the evening hours. Kyndra was beyond gracious and so present in the moment of this special day. She told me she didn't think she'd laughed and cried so much in the same day, and it was true . . .
Photobucket
Claire and Ted were married on June 29th at Big Sky Resort, where they both spend their winters instructing ski lessons and just being incredibly fabulous! I had only met Claire prior to the wedding and immediately was drawn to her infectious spirit . . . when I met Ted, I felt I understood their connection completely. He is kind, soft-spoken, lovable, and so gentle with Claire. Their wedding day was filled with blessings and joy from their family and friends, and they also went out of their way to make me feel like a very welcome guest . . .
Photobucket
Michelle and Jorden were married on July 7th at Rocky Mountain Farms, which was such a perfect and unknown venue . . . we dealt with a little bit of everything when it came to the weather, but by the end of the evening the skies were lit beautifully. Michelle and Jorden have been together for quite some time, so this day was a long time coming. The emotions were present and the couple was so wonderfully relaxed in front of the camera . . .
Photobucket
Brittany and Matt were married on July 21st at the beautiful home of Brittany's parents just outside of Bozeman. Shooting this wedding for me was a milestone in my business, as the couple went with their hearts in choosing the vendors to make their day happen. Brittany kept saying it was the best day of her life, and that all of her dreams came true. Angela Klotz with Fresh Designs created a masterpiece and provided the support and beauty that made the ambiance out of this world.
Photobucket
And this past weekend, Lyndsey and Doug were married on July 28th with their ceremony at Rockhaven and their reception at Lazy B Farm. This is another couple who I just adore and have built a solid relationship with. Their family and friends were just as enjoyable to spend my weekend with, and I left with so much love in my heart and happiness for these two.
Photobucket
I am on to two more weddings this weekend and next, and then I am off to embark on my own wedding adventure . . . :) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Morgan, it's Brianna Gebhardt Asaro (might remember me from high school). Love your photography. I am photographing a wedding this weekend. Do you do any photographers conventions in the northeast?

    ReplyDelete